Jan Andolan for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour launched
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched a Mass Awareness Campaign (Jan Andolan) for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour. The campaign has been launched in view of the upcoming festivals and winter season as well as the opening up of the economy.
The campaign has been launched with the aim to encourage People’s Participation (Jan Andolan). It endeavours to be a Low Cost High Intensity Campaign with the Key Messages of 'Wear Mask, Follow Physical Distancing, Maintain Hand Hygiene.'
India's coronavirus fight is people-driven and gets great strength from its COVID-19 warriors, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi and urged people to follow COVID-19 appropriate behaviour. He made the appeal to people to follow social distancing norms and expressed confidence that the fight against the pandemic will be won.
"We have to continue the momentum and protect our citizens from the virus," the PM tweeted using the hashtag 'Unite2FightCorona'. Thanking the PM for the awareness campaign, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said, "Heartfelt gratitude to @narendramodi ji for this thunderous call for a Jan Andolan against #COVID19India. Bharat is proud & privileged to have a prudent leader like you. The country will stand together to answer your call in making #Unite2FightCorona movement a runaway success!"
A COVID-19 Pledge will be taken by all. A Concerted Action Plan will be implemented by Central Government Ministries/ Departments and State Governments/ Union Territories with the following highlights:
• Region- specific targeted communication in high case-load districts.
• Simple and easily understandable messages to reach every citizen
• Dissemination throughout the country using all media platforms
• Banners and Posters at public places; involving Frontline workers and Targeting Beneficiaries of Government Schemes
• Hoardings/ wall paintings/ electronic display boards in government premises
• Involvement of Local and National influencers to drive home the message
• Running mobile vans for regular awareness generation
• Audio messages; pamphlets/ brochures on awareness
• Seeking support of Local Cable Operators for running COVID messages
• Coordinated media campaign across platforms for effective outreach and impact